“Be saints. You weren’t made to fit in. You were born to stand out.”  These were the words Jim Caviezel spoke to an audience of 8,000 in Chicago in early January. Caviezel was a surprise guest among many dynamic Catholic speakers present for SLS18, a conference hosted by FOCUS, the Fellowship of Catholic University Students, for current and future leaders in the Church.  Belmont Abbey College was blessed to send a contingent of twenty-one students and five staff to participate in this event.  Over the course of five days from January 2-6, attendees experienced the grace of God in the sacraments, heard from an array of esteemed Catholic speakers, and experienced hands-on practice for evangelization by teaching others in their small groups the skills and methods they learned.  The content focused on living lives of heroic sanctity in relationship with God and others through divine intimacy, authentic friendships, and a vision for spiritual multiplication, a deeply personal approach to evangelization seeking to reach the world for Christ by investing deeply in the lives of a few people while equipping them to do the same for others.  Sophomore Rylee Yarrington called the conference a “transforming event” and had the following to say “ I know I speak for more than myself when I say that the Holy Spirit has ignited something new in my soul, in OUR souls.”