Regina Moody

Regina Moody, Holy Angels President/CEO was presented with the Duke Kimbrell Lifetime Civic Achievement Award during the recent Gaston County Jaycees 71st annual Distinguished Service Awards dinner.  The award is presented to an individual who has contributed to the betterment of their community in which they live, work and play.

Mrs. Moody’s accomplishments are discovered daily in the joyful, empowered faces of the differently able individuals served by Holy Angels. Her accomplishments are recognized by the 350-member staff who turn to this leader and mentor for support and vision as they all strive to provide exceptional, quality services 24 hours per day.

Moody told the dinner guests, “As I reflect on my 37 years at Holy Angels, for me it has always been about service and making a difference.  I’d like to think that I have made a difference in the lives of the children and adults we serve at Holy Angels; in the organizations and projects I have supported – be it higher education, accessible recreational parks and playgrounds, or encouraging and supporting young leaders.”

Her accomplishments are recognized throughout the Gaston County community, a community that wholly embraces Holy Angels and its mission of loving, living and learning for the differently able.

Holy Angels was founded in 1955 by the Sisters of Mercy. The private, nonprofit corporation located in Belmont, NC, provides residential services and innovative programs for children and adults with intellectual developmental disabilities, many with delicate medical conditions. Programs include the Morrow Center, four Community Group Homes, five ICF group homes, LifeChoices, Great Adventures, Camp Hope and four business enterprises: Cherubs Café, Cotton Candy Factory and Bliss Gallery in downtown Belmont and Spruced Goose Station in McAdenville.

To learn more about Holy Angels, or to volunteer, please call 704.825.4161 or visit Holy Angels’ website.